The annual meeting is the main event of the Groningen Declaration Network. It is the one event where all stakeholders in the Digital Student Data Ecosystem can meet, network, exchange information and showcase ongoing pilots and systems developments.
From the start, the annual meeting has been offered on a closed purse basis - with the main organizers providing the basic budget for the meeting.
The task of organizing the annual event is rotated among the signatories. By thus taking turns in shouldering the financial and organizational burden, signatories show their involvement and take credit for that.
Admission to the annual event is for free, while hotel accommodation and air fare will have to be shouldered by each individual participant. Depending on the available budget, social events and meals may be for free or have to be offered on a paid basis.
So far, the network organized four annual meetings - all on a by invitation only basis:
- 2017 - Sixth annual Groningen Declaration Network Meeting, Melbourne, Australia
- 2016 - Fifth Annual Groningen Declaration Network Meeting, Cape Town, South Africa
- 2015 - Fourth Groningen Declaration Network Meeting, Málaga, Spain
- 2014 - Third Groningen Declaration Network Meeting, Washington, D.C. USA
- 2013 - Second Annual Seminar Digital Student Data Depositories Worldwide, Beijing, PR China
- 2012 - Founding Seminar Digital Student Data Depositories Worldwide, Groningen, The Netherlands