The programme for the upcoming GDN annual meeting in Paris is now available.
We are feverishly working to make it final as soon as possible but, as with every meeting there are always last minute changes.
The pace of registrations from the Network for the 2018 Paris Annual Meeting has maxed out on March 27th, two week earlier that the scheduled final date of April 6th.
Thanks to all of you fur such interest in the Meeting!
We look forward to meeting you all in Paris for the Annual Meeting.
GDN signatories — and those within their spheres of influence — continue to substantiate their commitment to the goal: Citizens worldwide should be able to consult and share their authentic educational data with whomever they want, whenever they want, wherever.
This newsletter area is emphatically meant to highlight each and every activity by GDN participants that might be of interest to the rest of the network. To share your news, contact GDN’s Dissemination Task Force.
News and Resources
- Data Mobility in the Fourth Industrial Revolution Age, written by Herman de Leeuw of GDN and Stig Arne Skjerven of NOKUT, appeared on the front page of University World News’ Global Edition on 4 Dec 2017.
- Recent correspondence from the European University Foundation features articles about:
- The Online Learning Agreement’s final conference
- The Open Source University Alliance
- EU-CELAC’s Knowledge Week
- Shaping the Europe of the Future conference in Luxembourg
- Erasmus+ 2018 Call for Proposals
- GDN Signatory PESC released a Special 2017 Annual Summary and Wrap-Up Edition of THE STANDARD, available at PESC.org.
- ARUCC Honored with PESC 20th Anniversary Distinguished Service Award: GDN Signatory PESC recognized fellow signatory Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC) as a champion and leader of student mobility, and for making a positive impact on education. The award was presented at the opening session of PESC’s Fall 2017 Data Summit in Toronto, 25-27 Oct 2017.
- PESC and HR Open Standards signed an agreement to advance interoperability across the education and human resource sectors. The partnership focuses on cross-community awareness and alignment of competencies and credentials.
- Funding Opportunity: The European Commission is seeking organisations based in Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, or Slovenia to take on the role of a Digital Innovation Hub to participate in a training programme managed by PwC and Oxentia. Learn more about this Call for Digital Innovation Hubs in EU13 Member States.
- The government of India has approved the initiative of GDN Signatory CDSL National Academic Depository. (Awaiting details.)
On the Move (Congratulations!)
Upcoming Conferences and Recent Presentations
- 20–21 Jun 2018: The Pan-Canadian Consortium on Admissions and Transfer (PCCAT)‘s Annual Conference, Bridging the Gap: A Confederation of Pathways to Enhance Student Mobility, in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- 17–20 Jun 2018: ARUCC + CACUSS / ASEUCC 2018, Sea Change, in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- 2-4 May 2018: PESC’s Spring 2018 Data Summit, Best Practices in Education Data Systems in Washington, DC. Details are available at PESC.org.
- 29 Jan to 1 Feb 2018: Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) 2018 Annual Conference and CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG) 2018 Annual Meeting: A Global Quality Forum. Herman de Leeuw, GDN Executive Director, and Michael Reilly, Executive Director of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) will speak in Washington, DC.
- 16-17 Jan 2018: PESC’s INTEROP 2018 in San Francisco. Access to the corresponding webinar is free and open to all PESC members. See PESC.org for details.
- 15 Dec 2017: Official launch of the 5M€ Horizon Prize on Blockchains for Social Good in Turin, Italy. The European Innovation Council (EIC) and DG CONNECT are coordinating the contest, which closes in 2019.
- 30 Nov 2017: EMREX Unleashed! (the third EMREX seminar) is scheduled to discuss the future of student mobility and free flowing student data, hosted by the University of Bologna, Italy.
- 22-24 Nov 2017: The Internet Science Conference 2017 in Thessaloniki, Greece is a unique venue to meet researchers trying to reconcile the technological, economic, sociological and artistic perspectives on the Internet in a truly multidisciplinary approach.
- 9-10 Nov 2017: Peer Learning Conference hosted by the European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training (CEDEFOP) in Thessaloniki, Greece. GDN signatory the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) contributed to a discussion about the impact and challenges of National Qualifications Framework (NQF) implementation.
- 30–31 Oct 2017: Annual Meeting of the African Qualifications Verification Network (AQVN) hosted by SAQA in Pretoria, South Africa. AQVN’s next Annual Meeting will be held in Ghana, 29-30 Oct 2018.
- 25-27 Oct 2017: PESC Fall 2017 Symposium and Data Summit: EDiNTEROP2017 hosted by PESC in Toronto, Canada.
- 24 Oct 2017: The Digitisation Agenda: Re-thinking the Role of Qualifications and Skills hosted by Quality and Qualifications Ireland in Dublin, Ireland. View all digitisation presentations from that conference.
- 14-15 Sep 2017: European Association of International Educators (EAIE) Conference sessions in Seville, Spain:
Opportunities abound as we usher in 2018! Learn more about the Groningen Declaration Network’s Annual Meeting Registration, Call for Proposals, and GDN’s Annual Fee System to establish firm financial footing as we move forward.
Intro from the board
Registration and Call for Proposals are now open for the Groningen Declaration Network’s Annual Meeting. Registration fees have been held at 2017 rates for the 2018 event. We hope you’ll join us for another memorable Meeting!
Read more about the background for having chosen Paris / Sorbonne as our host for 2018.
GDN places great importance on broad accessibility of the content discussed at its Annual Meeting, with the intention to involve and mobilize the Digital Student Data Ecosystem that the GDN has been nurturing for the past few years.
Sixth Annual Meeting, in Summary