May 18, 2016;
3 p.m.-10 p.m.
- A special treat to all delegates from our host SAQA. The origins of the Groot Constantia Wine Estate go back to 1685, when the estate was founded by Simon van der Stel, the VOC (Dutch East Indies Company) Governor of the Cape of Good Hope. In the 19th century, Groot Constantia wines were sought after by Napoleon Bonaparte, from his last exile, and the French king Louis Philippe. They were immortalized by French writer Charles Baudelaire in his Les Fleurs du Mal. Today, Groot Constantia is noted particularly for its production of high-quality red wines, including Shiraz, Merlot and blended red Gouverneurs Reserve. In 2003, the estate began production of a Constantia dessert wine, called Grand Constance, for the first time since the 1880s.
- Shuttles depart from Breakwater Lodge to Groot Constantia Wine Estate
- Groot Constatia Wine estate tour and Wine Tasting
- Dinner at Simons Restaurant at Groot Constantia, including:
- Welcome address by dinner sponsor Bankserve Africa: Mr. Gary Stone, Head Backoffice Processing & Outsourced Solutions
- Signing Ceremony
- 20:30 - 22:00
- Shuttles depart every 30 mins to bring invitees back to Breakwater Lodge