Established in 1995, signed the Groningen Declaration on April 16th, 2012.
SAQA oversees all aspects of the implementation of South Africa’s National Qualifications
Chief contact person:
Joe Samuels, CEO
Year from which student data can be digitally retrieved :
Educational sectors represented in depository :
Secondary education, tertiary education, adult education and training
Snapshot of NLRD data as of 31 March 2019
- Total number of Learners on NLRD: 19,262,453
- Qualification achievements: 16,279,666 (full achievements)
- Part-qualification achievements: 108,825,790
- Achievements through RPL: 81,611
- Recognised professional bodies: 106
- Registered professional designations: 390
- People with professional designations: 786,341
Annual increase of registered student data :
For the financial year 2018/2019 (ended 31 March 2019), 889 462 records were added to the NLRD.
Number of consultations of student data :
For the 2018/2019 financial year, SAQA verified 67 381 records and completed 3 747 records of learning for learners (a record of learning is the complete qualification achievement record of the learner, including secondary school, technical college studies, workplace studies and or university studies).