The Groningen Declaration called for a Standing Secretariat, to serve as organiser and convener of future annual meetings. As of 20 December 2016, when the GDN incorporated as a public benefit foundation with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce under registration number 67518613, the Standing Secretariat turned into an Office with an Executive Director who works in close cooperation with the Executive Board of the Board of Directors.
- Netherlands Chamber of Commerce Registration number 67518613, date of registration 20-12-2016
- EU Transparency Register number: 238535130318-52, of 21-2-2018
- Mike Reilly. Executive Director, AACRAO – American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, Washington, D.C., USA
Members of the Board of Directors, in alphabetical order of last names
- João Bacelar. Executive Manager, EUF – European University Foundation, Luxembourg
- Mirriam Chiyaba. Director & CEO, Zambia Qualifications Authority / Chair Person, AQVN African Qualifications Verification Network
- Ms. Shi Lifang (Shelly). Project Supervisor, International Promotion Department, CHESICC – China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center
- Francisco José Maldonado. Registrar, UPAEP – Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
- Kathleen Massey. Associate Vice-President (Students), University of Lethbridge, Canada
- Margit Schatzman. President, ECE – Educational Credential Evaluators, Milwaukee (WI), United States
- Rick Torres. CEO/President, National Student Clearinghouse, Herndon, Virginia, USA
Immediate past Chair Person
- Victoriano Giralt. CIO, University of Málaga, Spain
The Executive Director, Herman de Leeuw, runs the GDN Office which is located at Nolenslaan 13, 9722 NK, Groningen, The Netherlands.