Established in 1995, signed the Groningen Declaration on April 16th, 2012.
SAQA oversees all aspects of the implementation of South Africa’s National Qualifications
Chief contact person:
Joe Samuels, CEO
Year from which student data can be digitally retrieved :
Educational sectors represented in depository :
Secondary education, tertiary education, adult education and training
Snapshot of NLRD data as of 31 March 2018
- Learners on NLRD: 18,372.991 (students & graduates)
- Qualification achievements: 14,950.465 (full achievements)
- Part -qualification achievements: 96,204.025 (achievements of modules, courses and unit standards towards full qualifications)
- Achievements through RPL: 63,790
- Recognised professional bodies: 106
- Registered professional designations: 385
- People with professional designations: 350,677
Annual increase of registered student data :
For the financial year 2017-2018 (ended 31 March 2018), 1,078 records were added to the NLRD.
Number of consultations of student data :
For the 2017-2018 financial year, 72, 542 persons have requested and received free NLRD transcripts, and the qualifications of a further 81, 833 persons have been verified by SAQA.