Task Forces play an important part in the furthering of the goals of the Groningen Declaration Network. Task Forces are set up by the Executive Committee and are headed by a Groningen Declaration signatory, who may recruit Task Force members from among the invited participants to the annual meetings.
The GDN Board of Directors would first like to graciously acknowledge the following two Task Forces that have already produced their deliverables :
- Principles – This is the first GDN Task Force to have produced its deliverable, the Statement of Ethical Principles which can be consulted here. (pdf). The Groningen Declaration Executive Committee would like to express its deep gratitude to the Task Force, which was headed by dr. John Yopp, CIEE, Council on International Educational Exchange (USA); and whose other members were Mtro. Guillermo Pablo Lopez Andrade, Secretaría de Educación Pública (Mexico); Andrew Cormack, JISC (United Kingdom); Mike Reilly, AACRAO (USA); and Michael Zhang Zhiyuan, CHESICC (China).
- Mid Term Vision 2020 – The Task Force Mid Term Vision 2020 served an important function in broadening support among the participants of the network for the transition of the GDN from a virtual network to the present foundation. Starting on 20 December 2016, when the GDN Board of Directors legally came in its own right , the work of the Task Force has been transferred to the Board of Directors. It is with gratitude that the Board recognizes the work undertaken by the Task Force, coordinated by Michael Sessa, President/CEO, PESC ; and with as TF members Mikael Berglund, Umea University/Ladok system architect (Sweden); Doug Falk, CIO, National Student Clearinghouse (USA); Valère Meus, Coordinator, Erasmus without Paper project & International Relations Expert, University of Ghent (Belgium); Neil Robinson, Chair, DSD (Digital Student Data) Reference Group & Executive Director, Academic Services and Registrar, University of Melbourne (Australia); Michael Zhang Zhiyuan, CHESICC and member of the GDN Executive Committee; and as observers: Victoriano Giralt and Herman de Leeuw.
Currently, the following Task Forces are active:
- Business Case – headed by Ricardo Torres, CEO/President, National Student Clearinghouse (USA).
- Dissemination – headed by Victoriano Giralt, President, Groningen Declaration Network, Universidad de Málaga (Spain); and with as TF members: Cheryl Darrup Boychuck, Chief Architect, FundsV (USA); Jacqui Elson-Green, Convenor of the Higher Education Compliance and Quality Network at Higher Ed Services (Australia); and with as resource person Joy Leighton, Director of Communications and Web Strategy Stanford University (USA).
- Empowering Cross Border Enrolment and Student Loan Portability – Coordinated by Jelger de Boer, Consultant on Business Management and on Quality Assurance, DUO (Netherlands) and with members Tessa Mouha, AHOVOKS, Department of Education and Training, Flanders (Belgium); Per Zettervall, Director of the System Management and Operations Department at the Swedish Council for Higher Education UHR (Sweden) and Cheryl Darrup-Boychuck, INTCAS USA.
- Pilots – headed by Dik van der Wal, Manager, International Services, DUO and Head, Netherlands Europass Consortium; and with as co-TF member Kathleen Massey, University Registrar and Executive Director of Enrolment Services, McGill University (Canada).
- Verification Policies and Best Practices – headed by Navin Vasudev, Deputy Director Foreign Qualifications Evaluation & Advisory Services, SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority); and with as TF members: Ms Baiba Ramina, Chair of the Board, AIC Academic Information Center (Latvia); Ms Vera Skorobogatova, Head, Glavexpercentr/Russian ENIC (Russian Federation); Ms Amee Shroff, Head, International Relations & New Projects, CDSL/NAD National Academic Database (India); Neil Robinson,Executive Director, Academic Services and Registrar, University of Melbourne (Australia); Margaret Wenger, Director of Evaluation Methodology, ECE Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (USA) and representing TAICEP (The Association for International Credential Evaluation Professionals); Ricardo Torres, CEO & President, National Student Clearinghouse (USA); Ms. Li Xiaoshu (Susan), Project Supervisor in the CHSI International Promotion Department, CHESICC China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (China); and with as observers Andy Dowling, CEO, Digitary (Ireland); Patrick Corcoran, Senior Specialist, Department of Migration Management, IOM International Organization for Migration (Switzerland); and Mr Kwame Dattey, Executive Secretary, National Accreditation Board (Ghana).